www.polarhome.co.uk is a site owned and operated by Polar Home Innovations (polarhome.co.uk, we, us, our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Where this Policy uses a word starting with a capital letter, that term will be defined in the terms of website use (Terms) or elsewhere in this Policy
This policy (together with our Terms www.polarhome.co.uk/termsandconditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Polar Home Innovations of Polar House, Unit 6, Union Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, OL6 6HL.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s office and our registration number for Polar Home Innovations is [INSERT NUMBER HERE]. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data protection laws in the UK).
This Policy explains what information we collect, how we use and/or share this information, and how such information is maintained. By using this site or any other services of www.polarhome.co.uk, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, in whole or part, you should not use this site or the services of www.polarhome.co.uk. Please note that this Policy applies with respect to the information collected on the site and through any other contact we have with you.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Facebook, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may ask for your e-mail address during your use of the site. Also, to purchase products (as defined in our Terms, you may be requested to provide any or all of the following information: first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number and details of a payment mechanism, such as credit card details)
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us (and there may be an administrative fee payable for this). If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The data which we hold will be held securely within our systems in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We hold data until 3 years after it is last accessed or used by us.
Regarding information transmitted between the site and/or users, while we take reasonable precautions to safeguard this information, we may be unable to prevent unauthorised access to such information by third parties or inadvertent disclosure of such information during transit. Users acknowledge this risk when communicating with the Website.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information about www.polarhome.co.uk, products, services or Deals (as defined in the Terms) that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To facilitate services which are directly related to services on the site.
- For marketing ourselves to you.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form OR registration form).
[We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.]
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Polar Home Innovations Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Polar Home Innovations, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please note that this Policy forms part of the Terms of this site and www.polarhome.co.uk services and forms part of the agreement between you and us. We may, from time to time, amend this Policy, in whole or part, in our sole discretion. Any changes to this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy on the site. (Depending on the nature of the change, we may announce the change: (a) on the home page of the site, (b) by email, if we have your email address, or (c) in some other way.) In any event, by continuing to use the site following any changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time, in whole or part, you must terminate your use of the site and any services offered by Www.polarhome.co.uk.